Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How Old Fashioned Are You?


How much work do you require men to do?


Hold doors open for you?


Pull out chairs for you?


Unfold your napkin and place it in your lap? Lol


The basic necessities are usually as far as I go. Hold open all doors! Men make me sick with the notion that because we're independent women we don't want to be treated like a lady. For me it's as simple as this: If you want me to respect you and treat you like a man you betta be doing the things that you need to do i.e hold open the doors...PICK ME UP (Ain't no one trading places with you;we'll get to that tomorrow) and pay for the date, that includes the dinner AND the movie. I absolutely won't pay for anything unless you're my man. Sorry.That's what it is. Ladies if you with me on this let me know...if you're not tell me why.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can a woman sing "miss independent" all day every day but at the same time expect chivalry to still exist? I think men are confused when it comes to the "independent women", because she will be the first person to say "I DONT NEED A MAN" but can't open the door for herself??...How independent do you want to be? I think the reason men picked women up when going on dates or paided for meals in the past was because in the "old days" not alot of women had their own cars and not alot of women made the same or more money than guys. Now that the playing field has become more even, i thnk men don't think they should have to do as much. i don't want you to think i'm making excuses for men or anything just showing you how they probably look at it.

February 25, 2009 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Miss Independent said...

I think a lot of women out here go too far with being old fashioned. All I need you to do as a man is be good to me, be honest, love me and most important,be there for me. You dont have to hold out chairs, put napkins on my lap or put coats over puddles of water for me to cross to feel like you're a gentleman.
Yes, I'd expect my man to hold the door open for me, but I can hold it open for myself if he is behind me. Im probably a little older than you so I know now that in order for things to work, we as women have to put things in perspective. We cant let a man walk over us and take advantage but at the same time we cant cause drama over little things like not taking the garbage out or acting out in public because our husband didnt hold a dooor open. Over time that tears at a relationship. My thing is, if my husband does other things around the house or for me, I can live with that. But most of these men dont do shit, so you have to really pay attention.

February 25, 2009 at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home