Thursday, May 13, 2010

Book Review: Ms. Typed by Dr. Michelle Callahan


Now I know it's been a while since I've done a substantial posting, but I've been busy on my countdown to law school. Yes, I was accepted and will begin my studies at New York Law School this August and am elated. More on that to come. In the interim, I'm trying to make the most of my summer with fun-filled events and community service efforts.

To start things off I will be walking the 25th annual AIDS Walk this Sunday May 16, 2010 and have to my surprise already raised $175 towards my new goal. Yay ME!

Anyway, I'm also trying to enjoy my beloved hobbies before school completely consumes my life. One of which is reading.

Provided to me by one of my oldest and dearest friends as a post-Valentine's Day gift, I am currently reading Ms. Typed by Dr. Michelle Callahan and let me tell you although I am not completely finished with it, this book has CHANGED my life.

It begins by identifying 10 types of women and the dating mistakes that we make. Even though most dating books often come across very judgmental and negative, this one doesn't. Dr. Callahan's advice sounds more like a loving big sister who genuinely wants to help you fix your mistakes and find happiness within yourself...and then love.

She even provides a quiz which helps you to discover which Ms. Type you are. They deemed me Ms. Soul Mate which unfortunately is spot on, but I am determined to work on it and emerge a better Amanda, not my Ms. Type.

The book provided me with insight to things I knew I was doing wrong, but couldn't quite put into words or face, but I'm acknowledging them now and am committed to breaking my toxic pattern of dating
P.S I know it sounds like someone paid me to say these things, but I promise my recommendation is sincere and comes from my soul.

Happy Reading....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home